CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
CAS Annual Exhibition - Steps Gallery Carlton 2020
1. Only financial members of the Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Inc. are eligible to enter works in this exhibition.
2. ENTRIES: Each artist may enter up to two (2) works. All artworks must remain on show for the exhibition duration. Entree fees are $30 per artwork.
3. Works previously accepted for a C.A.S. Inc. exhibition may be submitted, however works which were selected out of previous C.A.S. Inc. exhibitions will not be accepted.
4. SIZE: There is a SIZE RESTRICTION For this exhibition, ALL 2 dimensional artworks must not exceed 100cm in height, or width. (this includes frames) Oversize works may be rejected.
3 dimensional artworks (Sculpture) may be larger, and it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the artist to transport and PLACE the artwork at the direction of the exhibition co-ordinator. Sculptors MUST provide a PLINTH / STAND unless the artwork is floor standing. If a 3D artwork is delivered, and in the opinion of the co-ordinator, requires a plinth, it is up to the artist to provide one. Works delivered without a plinth will not be exhibited, and will be required to be removed by the artist.
5. Work may be in any stable medium, and must be the original work of the artist entering it. If work/s are produced as multiples (bronzes, photographs, prints etc), the edition number and remaining works in that edition available must be recorded on the work and entry form.
6. All 2D works must be suitably framed (a stretched canvas is considered framed) & presented ready for hanging with wire & screw-eyes or similar attached securely to back. String or fishing line cannot be accepted. Sculpture must be no heavier than 30kg. Sculptors to provide their own clean stands. Small sculptures should be secured to stand
7. Entries must be clearly marked on back with the artist's name, phone number, title of work, dimensions, price & medium. Sculpture should be so marked underneath.
8. SALES: Works may be for sale. A 25% commission will be apply on any sales from the exhibition. Cheques for all sold works during exhibition will be posted to entrant within 30 days of end of exhibition. Any cheques issued by us not cashed within 12 months of issue will be cancelled and no correspondence entered into.
9. C.A.S. Inc. does not collect G.S.T. All prices must be total selling price. Any G.S.T. liability between the artist and the A.T.O. remains the responsibility of the artist.
10. The C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to select works for exhibition. Unselected artists will be notified by phone or mail. Artworks entered will be selected on the theme of “contemporary interpretation of nature”. Unsafe or wet works will be rejected & entry fees will not be refunded. Unselected works will be held for collection on collection day. The selection committee’s decision is final & no correspondence will be entered into.
11. ENTRIES CLOSE: on Monday 30 November 2020. Completed entry forms must be accompanied with correct payment & returned to: The Secretary, C.A.S. Inc., P.O. Box 283, Richmond, Vic 3121. Late entries will not be accepted & will be returned to sender.
12. DELIVERY: All artworks must be delivered between 9.00am - 11.00am, Friday 11 December, to Steps Gallery, 62 Lygon Street, Carlton. It is the artists responsibility to transport their own artworks directly to the Gallery. If appointing an agent to deliver artworks, Please complete “Delivery of works” section.
13. SITTING: All Melbourne metropolitan exhibitors are expected to sit one session of the exhibition, or assist with the set up / opening. Preferences will be taken into account, but may not be available. If any Melbourne metropolitan artist or their agent is unable to assist, a fee of $30 applies.
14. COLLECTION: All unsold works must be collected between 6.00pm - 7.00pm Sunday 20 December, from Steps Gallery, 62 Lygon Street, Carlton. If appointing an agent to collect artworks, Please complete “Collection of works” section.
15. If persons delivering or collecting works are to be other than those named on entry form, the Society must be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to delivery / collection.
16. UNCOLLECTED WORKS: Any works not collected by artist/agent at the appointed time will incur a fee of $20.00 per day per work. The artist/agent must contact the Secretary to arrange collection. Works not released until payment made. Works remaining uncollected or fees unpaid after 7 days from close of exhibition shall immediately become the property of C.A.S. Inc., and may be sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of in such a manner as deemed fit, & thereafter the C.A.S. Inc. shall be under no liability whatever to the artist in respect of any work so destroyed or disposed of.
17. C.A.S. Inc. will exercise reasonable care with work submitted, however C.A.S. Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused. Artists are responsible for arranging their own insurance cover.
18. C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to photograph all artworks entered for exhibition, for the Society's records and website, and for promotion & publicity purposes.