CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Art at Burnley Harbour 2012
ENTER ONLINE HERE
DOWNLOAD ABH FAQ
DOWNLOAD ABH PRINTABLE ENTRY FORM (PDF file, 300 KB)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY - Art at Burnley Harbour 2012
1. Each artist may enter up to six works. Entry fees are non-refundable.
2. Artists must be over 18 years of age to enter.
3. 2-Dimensional artworks (paintings, etc): All 2 dimensional works must not exceed 120 cm x 120 cm overall dimensions, height or width, including mounts and frames etc. Oversized works may be rejected. All 2D works must be suitably framed (a stretched canvas is considered framed) & presented ready for hanging with wire and screw-eyes or similar attached securely to back. String/cord or fishing line not accepted.
4. Artworks must be in any stable medium, may be on any subject, and must be the original work of the artist entering it. If work/s are produced as multiples (bronzes, prints, etc), the edition number and remaining works in that edition available must be recorded on the work and entry form.
5. SCULPTURES (3-Dimensional artworks) may exceed 120cm overall dimensions (i.e. be "oversize" - see FAQ sheet). Sculpture submitted that is oversize must include with entry form: A photograph of work, & sculpture weight in kg. Sculpture must be no heavier than can easily be carried by 2 persons. Sculptors are solely responsible for the unloading and pickup of their own works. No assistance is available due to occupational and safety issues. Sculptors must provide their own stable clean plinths/stands, for works requiring one. Sculptures of less than 100cm in height will be considered to need a plinth, unless the work was specifically designed to be free standing. Small sculptures should be secured to stand. Sculptures delivered without a suitable plinth will be rejected. Plinths for sculpture to be displayed in the new Sculpture Garden must be of a suitable material for outdoor display (wet conditions) Sold work: Sculptors may be required to deliver sold works within 50km of Melbourne GPO (see FAQ sheet).
6. Entries must be clearly marked on back with the artist's name, address, phone number, title of work, dimensions, price and medium. Sculpture should be so marked underneath.
7. SALES: All works must be for sale. A 25% commission will apply on any sales from the exhibition. Cheques for all sold works during exhibition will be posted to entrant mid December 2012.
8. C.A.S. Inc. does not collect GST. All prices must be total selling price. Any GST liability between the artist and the ATO remains the responsibility of the artist.
9. The selection committee will choose the works for exhibition from the works submitted. The C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to decline to exhibit any work, at any time. Unsafe or wet works will be rejected. Unselected works will be held for collection on collection day. The selection committee’s decision is final & no correspondence will be entered into.
10. PAYMENT OF ENTRY FEES: Entry fees can be paid either by cheque, money order, credit card (minimum of $10) or online (using Paypal). Return completed entry forms & correct payment (do not send cash) by 16/11/12. Payment made by cheque/money order should be made out to: Contemporary Art Society of Victoria Incorporated. Post entry-forms to: The Secretary, C.A.S. Inc., P.O. Box 283, RICHMOND, Vic 3121. Late entries will not be accepted /returned to sender.
11. DELIVERY: Works delivered to the Burnley Harbour exhibition site (see map for details) will only be received between the hours of 3pm & 6pm, Thursday 29th November 2012.
12. ALTERNATIVE DELIVERY: Artists who are unable to deliver works at above sending day/time, and wish to deliver works prior to this date, must make arrangements (at least 1 week prior to sending) with C.A.S. Inc. Secretary regarding delivery by courier or in person (2D works only. No sculpture) to a place, date & time, as specified by Secretary. A $10 handling fee per work will apply for this service & must accompany entry.
13. COLLECTION: Unsold/unselected works will be available for collection from the Burnley Harbour exhibition site, on Sunday 2nd December, only between the hours of 6pm & 8pm.
14. ALTERNATIVE COLLECTION: Artists who have selected (at the time of entry) to collect works after above collection day/ time, must make arrangements (at least 1 week prior notice to exhibition) with C.A.S. Inc. Secretary regarding collection by your courier or in person (2D works only no sculpture) at a place, date & time as specified by Secretary. A $10 handling fee per work will apply for this service & must accompany entry.
15. Works will not be received by the Society unless free of charge. No payment will be made by the Society for freight or any other charge incurred in the delivery and/or return of any work. Insurance is the responsibility of the artist.
16. ARTIST'S AGENTS: If persons delivering or collecting works are to be other than those named on entry form, the Society must be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to delivery/collection.
17. Unselected works will be held for collection 6-8pm, Sunday 2nd December 2012, or collected by arrangement with the C.A.S. Inc. Secretary (see uncollected works).
18. UNCOLLECTED WORKS: Any works not collected by artist/agent at the appointed time will incur a fee of $20 per day per work. The artist/agent must contact the Secretary to arrange collection. Works not released until payment made. Works remaining uncollected or fees unpaid after 7 days from close of exhibition shall immediately become the property of C.A.S. Inc., and may be sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of in such a manner as deemed fit, and thereafter the C.A.S. Inc. shall be under no liability whatever to the artist in respect of any work so destroyed or disposed of. All care will be taken, however the C.A.S. Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or damage, howsoever caused. Insurance is responsibility of artist.
19. C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to photograph works entered in Art at Burnley Harbour for its own records, and for promotion/publicity for the exhibition.