CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Herring Island Summer Arts Festival 2018
1. This exhibition is an "open Call' especially for artists working in GLASS, CERAMIC, MOSAIC and related media. (an artwork may include other media, but majority of artworks components to be GLASS, CERAMIC, MOSAIC and related media).
2. ENTRIES: Each artist may enter up to four (4) works. (An entry may consist of multiple parts: ie: 3 bowls, but ONE price for set ) All artworks must remain on show for the exhibition duration. Entry is FREE. The cost is subsidized by CAS, and is give as a free entry, and only applies to this exhibition.
3. Low relief (2 dimensional works) may be submitted (hanging works) and must have suitable hanging points. Wall mounted works must not exceed 12kg total.
4. SIZE: There is no size restriction for this exhibition. Selection committee will consider all submissions.
5. Artworks must mainly consist of GLASS, CERAMIC, MOSAIC and related media and must be the original work of the artist entering it. If work/s are produced as multiples, the edition number and remaining works in that edition available must be recorded on the work and entry form.
6. Sculptural works must be no heavier than 30 kg. All exhibitors are required to transport their own works to / from Herring Island. Parks Victoria will provide a punt for the delivery / collection. As this is an ISLAND we recommend a trolley if you cannot carry artworks. ALL exhibitors to provide their own clean stands. Small sculptures should be secured to stand. Note: We have access to some white painted stands. Please contact the Secretary to check availability prior to exhibition.
7. Entries must be clearly marked on back with the artist's name, phone number, title of work, dimensions, price & medium. Sculpture should be so marked underneath.
8. SALES: Works MUST be for sale. A 25% commission will be apply on any sales from the exhibition. Cheques for all sold works during exhibition will be posted to entrant within 30 days of end of exhibition. Any cheques issued by us not cashed within 3 months of issue will be cancelled and no correspondence entered into.
9. C.A.S. Inc. does not collect G.S.T. All prices must be total selling price. Any G.S.T. liability between the artist and the A.T.O. remains the responsibility of the artist.
10. The C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to select works for exhibition. ALL artists entering will be notified of selection result by email. Artwork images entered will be considered by CAS selection committee. NO substitution of artworks after entry will be accepted. Unsafe works will be rejected & entry fees will not be refunded. The selection committee’s decision is final & no correspondence will be entered into.
11. ENTRIES CLOSE: on Friday 26 January 2018. Completed entry forms must be received by this date. Late entries will not be accepted & will be returned to sender.
12. DELIVERY: All artworks must be delivered between 9.30 - 10.30am, Friday 2 February, to the Gallery, on Herring Island. Access to the gallery is by punt from Como landing. It is the artists responsibility to transport their own artworks directly to the Gallery. If appointing an agent to deliver artworks, Please complete “Delivery of works” section.
13. SITTING: All Melbourne metropolitan exhibitors are requested to sit one session of the exhibition, or assist with the set up / opening. Preferences will be taken into account, but may not be available.
14. COLLECTION: All unsold works must be collected between 9.30 - 10.30am Monday 19th February, from the Gallery on Herring Island. If appointing an agent to collect artworks, Please complete “Collection of works” section.
15. If persons delivering or collecting works are to be other than those named on entry form, the Society must be notified in writing at least 24 hours prior to delivery / collection.
16. UNCOLLECTED WORKS: Any works not collected by artist/agent at the appointed time will incur a fee of $20.00 per day per work. The artist/agent must contact the Secretary to arrange collection. Works not released until payment made. Works remaining uncollected or fees unpaid after 7 days from close of exhibition shall immediately become the property of C.A.S. Inc., and may be sold, destroyed or otherwise disposed of in such a manner as deemed fit, & thereafter the C.A.S. Inc. shall be under no liability whatever to the artist in respect of any work so destroyed or disposed of.
17. C.A.S. Inc. will exercise reasonable care with work submitted, however C.A.S. Inc. will not be responsible for any loss or damage howsoever caused. Artists are responsible for arranging their own insurance cover.
18. C.A.S. Inc. reserves the right to photograph all artworks entered for exhibition, for the Society's records and website, and for promotion & publicity purposes.