Artist website: www.abstractsbysabina.com
TITLE: "Southern Tide" MEDIUM: ACRYLIC / MIXED MEDIA ON CANVAS DIMENSIONS: 100 x 100 x 4cm DATE: 2017
PROFILE Q & A
1. What part of the process of creating art do you like best?
I would have to say all of it, because each step is needed to create the end result. From walking around with my camera being inspired by texture and colours, to getting into the studio and setting up, playing with the colours and actually creating the piece, and then seeing it all done.
2. What is your working environment like?
I recently acquired a studio outside the home, and I love it. Spacious, plenty of natural light, and it gives me the freedom to create without distraction.
3. What kind of (formal & informal) art training have you had?
My art training consisted of my Mother and I listening to music while she was sewing, and or crocheting, and I was drawing.
4. Name some important influences and inspirations in your art career.
My Mother, she always told me to be my own person, create from within, not to worry about what anyone else was doing. From those words I have created my own path, my own art, and I have enjoyed the journey and look forward to seeing where this continues to.
5. List recent exhibitions of your work?
· Cool Art @ Coolart, Without Pier Gallery, Somers, Victoria, AUS
· Art Red Hill‚ Red Hill‚ Victoria‚ AUS
· Flinders Art Show, Flinders, Victoria‚ AUS
· Derinya Art & Craft Exhibition (DACE), South Frankston, Victoria, AUS
· CamART‚ Canterbury‚ Victoria‚ AUS
· Art at Burnley Harbour, Contemporary Art Society, Richmond, Victoria, AUS
6. Describe some highlight/turning points of your art career?
I would have to say the biggest turning point in my art career was when I moved to Australia, not only was I moving to another country, but I was completely starting over. Which on one hand is a bit scary, but also very exciting. I was exploring all new art stores, new avenues to sell my art, and the inspiration I found here truly changed my work.
7. Anything to add?
I share my love for colour, textures, and typography creating artwork with the hopes of making a happy escape for the viewer.
TITLE: "Silent Morning" MEDIUM: ACRYLIC / MIXED MEDIA ON CANVAS DIMENSIONS: 118 x 118 x 4 cm DATE: 2017