Kathe Bibi Ostermark
Below: Kathe Bibi Ostermark & Cindy!
1. What part of the process of creating art do you like best? The start of the painting - the excitement of a new work - which sometimes can be a bit hard to keep up if a painting is dragging out, not going anywhere - then I put it away for another day.
2. What is your working environment like? Excellent!!
3. What kind of (formal & informal) art training have you had? Lots of life drawing - which I think is a must - apart from that I'm mostly self-taught.
4. How has your art training affected the kind of art you produce? My life drawing classes have taking me to studying peoples body language - made me understand that we humans are very strange creatures indeed!.
5. Name some important influences and inspirations in your art career. A German teacher once told me that my paintings were dull and colourless - I turned completely the other way after that!!
6. What has been the most difficult thing you have encountered in your work? To know when to consider a painting finished in order not to overwork it!!.
7. Have there been major turning points in your art career? A trip to Tasmania some years ago - after that I started to use very thick paint and different colours altogether - I still don't know why??!.
8. What has been the highlight of your art career? Joining CAS Inc.!!
Above: House Hunting, 71 x 36cm, acrylic on canvas, by Kathe Bibi Ostermark